HE BLACKMAILED MY LITTLE MIND AND SLEPT WITH ME (PART 3)

 ........Continued

"He is nowhere to be found" replied Daniel's mother.

My mother fell helplessly to the ground again. She rained curses on him, his family and generation but none of that made us feel better.

I and my mother cried throughout that day and no one succeeded in calming us down and we still cry in our hearts up till this day because our wounds never healed.

Eventually, I hard to undergo a vaginal surgery to repair the damaged organ but it didn't repair my spirit. 

My rapist was later traced by the police but was shot dead while trying to escape arrest. Still, none of that made me feel better

It's been 26 years now but I still can't bring myself to even lie on the same bed with the opposite sex not to talk of having sex with them. That's why I'm still single. I've a master's degree in Economics and a well paid job but I'm still miserable. I do contemplate suicide sometimes but the endless sorrow it will cause my aging mother dissuades me. I've gone for therapy and counselling but it didn't really heal the wound. The whole trauma has turned me into an aggressive and bitter human being which has made me lose my friends. I stare at the mirror everyday to see if there is anything is left of the ashes but I find nothing that give me hope. 

But in the midst of it all, I always hear a voice that tells me that it's my duty to make sure that no little girl suffers what I suffered.  So finally, I'm setting up a foundation that would be meant to create awareness concerning the issue of child rape and would also provide sex education for young girls. I feel it's the perfect way of making good out of my misfortune.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER CAMPUS STORY

MY ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A BLOGGER

GIVE BACK