BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR


I was at a child dedication last Sunday and in front of us were two lovely bundles of joy. In times like that, I wished to be a mother of twins someday. But that wish was reversed when the mother uttered a statement.

"Be careful what you wish for though"

She complained about not having enough sleep and being stress out by the girls. So it was more like a stressful-sweet experience.

It made me realize how much we humans are quick to wish for things without even taking time to think of what comes with this wishes.

We wish for certain expensive cars but we never really think about the fuel consumption and general maintenance cost to see if it rhythms with our pockets.

I remember when I was still in high school. I always prayed to study law without even considering the academic workload and its high grading standards. Now I'm in it and there's no turning back.

Even something as minor as hair transitioning. I've met quite a number of women who regret chopping off their relaxed hair. They didn't really think that maintaining their hair type would be so demanding and expensive. They just wanted to follow the trend.

In a nutshell, before you wish for something, count the cost; nothing is to minor to be ignored. Not all wishes would be exactly favourable!

Thank you so much for reading this post and I leave you with this quote:

"Be careful about wanting what others have. There is always a price. Perhaps God didn’t give it to you, because He knew you wouldn’t be able to pay it".

-

Yasmin Mogahed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER CAMPUS STORY

MY ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A BLOGGER

GIVE BACK