YOU ARE WHAT YOU ATTRACT


I was chatting with a friend lately and were talking about our "single status" and how every man that came along fell below our expectation. Then I sat back and asked myself what exactly the problem was. Was I being too selective and full of unrealistic expectations or was i just unlucky? After much pondering, I still wasn't able to come to a conclusion on what exactly the problem was.

Later that day, I shared this issue with another friend and she simply asked a question; are you the kind of person you are looking for? I couldn't give a definite answer and this left me rather worried. I couldn't say I was below my expectations because I was well educated and enlightened, purposeful, focused and my life was going in the right direction. But then I couldn't say I was up to my expectation because I still had some nagging personal weaknesses to deal with. Just then, I remembered a gathering were the speaker stated that the beauty of a relationship is the ability of both parties to compliment each other. In my own view, this implies that for two individuals to become a successful item, they don't exactly need to meet up to each other's expectations as long as they are able to compliment each. To compliment in this case means being able to strengthen and make up for each other at weak points. I've come to agree with this reasoning; after all, no one is perfect.

So following this conviction, I came up with this philosophy that a man was good enough as long as he was able to able to meet 70% of my expectations. I shared this "philosophy" with a friend and she popped up another question What if all men that came along kept falling below this 70% formula? After much collective reasoning, we came up with the conclusion that in such cases, the lady in that situation had work to do herself as she might just be too below her own expectation.

Also, another issue that came to my mind is the fact that a lot of ladies out there often settle for guys far below their expectation simply because they are desperate to change their "single status". In the process they fall into regrettable relationships which only waste their time, leaving them emotionally battered most times. My advice to such ladies is simple. There is really no need to hurry no matter the pressure or loneliness. Simply enjoy being single while you still are. Simply use the "waiting period" to work seriously on yourself so that when a man that meets a more reasonable chunk of your expectation comes along, you will be good enough for him because it goes both ways. Strive to be that person who is firmly principled, intellectually sound, approachable and is ever willing and to improve herself. Remember your personality is a magnet that will attract a similar personality hence the need to continuously improve it.

Furthermore, when eventually you find the person that meets your expectation, don't stop making conscious and continuous effort to improve yourself because the better you become, the more valuable and appreciated you will be to your partner.

In a nutshell, strive to be the kind of partner you want to attract;remember YOUR VIBE ATTRACTS YOUR TRIBE. Also, don't be too selective; remember there is no such person as "Mr. Perfect".

Thank you so much for reading this post, I leave you with this quote

"Who you are determines who magnets you. Work on yourself"

-Temituope Kekema

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER CAMPUS STORY

MY ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A BLOGGER

GIVE BACK