LEAVE THE TREASURE BEHIND

A wise man once said “the graveyard is full of treasures”. When asked what he meant, he said

“When I step into a graveyard, I see books that were never written, inventions that were never created, I hear songs that were never sang, words, speeches and ideas that never materialized, all perished with the owners”

These words struck me and made me realize how much treasures are stuck in the grave simply because their owners or would I say possessors failed to “leave them behind”. I began to imagine what the world would have been like if everyone emptied all treasures inside them before they departed. It became a serious food for thought for me. I began to ask and search myself for every treasure I had buried within and I discovered I was pregnant; pregnant with a lot of potentials. I saw amazing things that only I could see and then I asked myself:

“WHEN WILL THE WORLD SEE IT TOO?”

These thoughts have lingered in me so I’ve decided to share it.

The truth is every gift and every treasure in you is useless and a waste if the world never gets to see it. God gave to you not for self-edification but to make the world a better and happier place. He has given it to you but he can’t come down from heaven to make you use it. Remember it takes you to bring out what is in you.

Some people think they’ve got nothing in them but I’ll tell you what my dad once told me:

“NO MAN IS BORN EMPTY”

There is a treasure in you no matter how little you think it is. It may be something you’ve neglected or something you are yet to discover. To discover, you need to explore. You need to search yourself, try doing something different. Look around you, observe.

Get inspirational books, songs, messages from TV or radio shows. I’ll give you this testimony about myself; I never knew I could write poems until I watched a programme where poets came on stage and made different presentations and I was like “Hey, I can do this” and the next day, I wrote my first poem and since then I kept writing poems and I’ve lost count of them. So you see, these things help.

Furthermore don’t be too busy to have a quiet time. The best ideas don’t come when you’re busy, they come mostly at those moments when you are calm and meditating .

Also, AVOID negative vibes, stay away from negative people and “dream-killers”, try your best to mitigate every form of discouragement around you. It helps a lot.

Whichever way, make sure that treasure comes out of you and you never can tell, it might be the eventual source of your true happiness or it may just be the instrument that would put an end to your financial worries or might just be what would keep your memory in the heart of men when you’re long gone.

Also remember, its never too late to start. As long as you are breathing, its not too late to explore the treasures in you.

And for those of you waiting till a special or more convenient time, what if you die tomorrow? What becomes of that treasure? Why not make a move today? There is no better time than now. Remember that treasure is something someone out there is looking for, it is the some people out there are seeking.

So the question is “WOULD YOU LEAVE THE TREASURE BEHIND?” or “WOULD YOU RATHER LET IT DIE WITH YOU?”.

Thank you so much for reading this post. I leave you the words I heard from the lips of a wise young man

DIE EMPTY” (Don’t be among those who go to their graves full of wasted treasures)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER CAMPUS STORY

MY ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A BLOGGER

GIVE BACK