BEHIND THE SCENE

Ella, a close friend of mine has been dating this "Mr. Perfect" for a while now. I call him "Mr. Perfect" because he seems to be everything a woman would die for and more. He is handsome, caring, smart, respectful,wealthy, ambitious, hardworking, you just name it. He has an amazing personality and is a good definition of an "all in one". But, there is a defect in this "Mr Perfect"; he has major health issues. He has been battling with what I call "chronic asthma". His condition was so bad that he experienced frequent attacks that came nearly every three days. His inhaler had become a perpetual companion and there were times when his inhaler couldn't help him. Ella once confided in me and told me of two occasions when he nearly gave up the ghost if not for the timely intervention of doctors.

But last week, Ella came around flaunting an engagement ring singing praises of her man and about how "perfect" he was. She seemed to have forgotten I knew her "little secret". But don't get me wrong, I was happy for her, honestly I was. But then again, I was scared for her.

"Is this going to be a mistake?"

"Would she be able to cope?"

"Would she even be truly happy in such a marriage"

I felt like warning her but then again, I was scared she might take it the wrong way.

But one thing that amused me was the fact that people envied her. At different occasions, i heard people call her "lucky" and "blessed", wishing to be in her shoes but they had no idea of what was going on behind the scene.

This made me realise how much we see other people and wish to be like them just because they successfully paint a picture of a perfect life. Some of us even go to the length of praying to be like them and to get what they have. But the truth is not all that glitters is gold, so be careful what you wish for. No one would be quick to reveal the spot that itches them, no one would want to wash their dirty clothes in public.

Therefore, its time we stop looking at others with envy and be content with ourselves. Remember that even a dying man is capable of saying "I'm fine".

Thank you so much for reading this post and I leave you with this quote:

"Don't compare yourself to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about".

-www.pumpup.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER CAMPUS STORY

MY ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A BLOGGER

GIVE BACK