A ONE NIGHT STAND

I was drunk, I'm sure I was. At least that's the only explanation I can give myself. It's been three weeks and I'm still trying to get over that night, I can't even stand myself. My mind kills me for every time I called other girls whores in the past but I never thought it would happen to me. I wish to be shot right at the head.

I was sitting at the bar in a club that night, I don't even know how I got there in the first place. I kept staring at the glass of wine I ordered. In it, I saw life laughing at me.

"Damn life"

I gupped the harsh wine to the last drop and ordered a refill.

"They say wine helps"

I belched as I signaled a refill for the seventh time. I didn't know when tears clouded my eyes and began to drop. First, Dapo walked out on me because I refused to sleep with him. He never called or visited since then. I cried my eyes out that day, I never for a second thought he would throw my love away. I still haven't gotten over it

The following month, dear mother went on a "never return journey". So my tears continued. The broken pieces of my heart were further crushed. She left without a hint of her departure. I still wish she could return.

Today, I went to work and was greeted with a six months suspension letter for an offence I didn't commit. It was all a setup, I know it but i have no proof.

So now you will understand when I say that the past three months have hated me and for the first time, I took solace in alcohol.

After the eight glass, I tried to get up and go home but I couldn't find my legs. I fell down, knocking the stool along, creating an embarrassing noise and attention. For seconds, I couldn't raise my head, so I laid there like a log of wood. I felt someone touch me but I couldn't see his face well when he helped me up.

" Babe, you've had more than you can handle"

There was something about his voice that calmed my heart down.

"My name is Teju by the way, I wonder why a beauty like you is all alone"

"Jumoke"

That was the last thing I could remember I said before I blacked out. Although, I think, I could remember being put on a bed but I wasn't really conscious of what was going on.

I just woke up the next morning with a headache accompanied with a wave of pain "below".

"Wait a minute, no, this didn't just happen!"

I was naked in bed with a stranger. My heart left my chest as I saw my precious blood littered on the bed. I felt like stabbing myself a million times. What I had reserved for twenty-four years was stolen by a disgusting stranger.

It's been three weeks since that day but it still feels like my very life has been taken for me. I've been full of regrets.

"Why didn't I go with a friend?"

"Why did I even go there at all?"

"Should I have given it all to Dapo?"

"Would it have saved our relation?".

These are the questions that roamed my head.

I honestly need help. I can no longer think straight, I think I'm losing my mind. I hate men, I hate myself, I hate the world.

My name is Jumoke and I'm a broken woman. Please, pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER CAMPUS STORY

MY ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A BLOGGER

GIVE BACK